Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Breaking of Lease or not allowing pets

Posted by William F Edwards on March 02, 2000 at 18:47:04:

I have live in this apartment complex for three years. When I renew my lease I should have known better to just go month to month, but was not expecting my fiance to be moving here. She has a small dog which she will be bringing with her, so I told her that our apartment allow animals because of a form letter 127 aws given to me in '97 upon my signing of the lease stating if you do have an animal you will be charge $150.00 upon bringing the animal unto the property. Now that she is arriving am stuck with an apartment which do not allow pets and a lease till November of this year. She love her pet and I don't want her to not be able to come here due to one provision now standing in our way of happiness for she also loves her dog. What can I do, if any to either break the lease or be able to have the dog live with us without the condition that I will get thrown out and still have to pay for rent on an apartment that I don't live in.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name