Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Richard asks Larry some good questions.....

Posted by Larry the Landlord on February 29, 2000 at 21:01:47:

In Reply to: Re: Larry the Landlord...here here posted by richard on February 29, 2000 at 09:39:06:

: Thank you larry for a great explanation of a decent landlord......

: Now There are a few questions:

: 1. You are right why should we subsidize people that make a lot of money, Rent stabilization should be means tested....your software designer would lose out, but your new tenant would be covered....that would give the new generation the same opportunity to save money toward buying a home or retirement, as the last generation.

Yep I agree. Who cares about the older generation, they had their chances.

: 2. Why is it that ALL landlords are renovating apartments by NOT putting in $300 stoves but $3000 gourmet stoves , marble bathrooms kitchen , parquet floors, luxury fixtures..in order to raise the rent $5- 6- even $1000 a
: month instead of just doing minor repairs and raising the rent $100-200 a month so the next tenant can have a chance at the American dream?

Because the landlords are pursuing their own dreams, and besides who is to say that such beautiful apartments aren't in demand for those who have captured the American Dream, who do we think are renting them, they do rent.

: 3. So Larry what did you do to justify $1750 a month? why did nt you do your civic responsibility and do just enough repairs to make the rent $1000 a month or less?

I like your tone Richard, I am a lover of the people, but with every beat of my black and evil heart I simply can't resist the money and I have to go for it.

: 4. And you are right that the Mayor and his policies of reducing crime, making New York City livable and safe, the unintended consequence is that people are NOT LEAVING, and people want to MOVE HERE and voila...massive housing shortage. Yet no one neither the politicians or the LANDLORDS are willing to ante up
: and save afforable housing in this city.....SO landlord's will be compensated for it next year, by Massive Bankruptcies, when we head into a recession and all those people in $2000 a month apartments lose their jobs!

Man....depressing.... at least I'm making tons and tons of cash right now. Man I could use some storage for it all.

Larry the landlord

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name