Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Overcharge

Posted by brenda on February 28, 2000 at 16:35:38:

In Reply to: Rent Overcharge posted by Steve on February 28, 2000 at 14:01:58:

I'm a little confused, because there seem to be two separate and distinct issues here--failure to make repairs (which can result in a rent rollback) and loss of an effort to deregulate an apartment. Can you clarify?
It takes a long time to resolve DHCR cases. That much I do know. However, was your rent rolled back? It should say so in the papers. If so, you are authorized to reduce the rent immediately.

: I recently received a letter from the DHCR saying that our landlord had lost his appeal to make the rent non-stabilized. He apparently didn't make the necessary repairs. When we signed the lease he had "markered" out the bottom portion of the lease which addressed rent stabilization. He said it was not rent stabilized. We called the DHCR and filed a grievance for the overcharge. They have asssigned a docket number to it and a casworker,apparently. (Forgive my lack of exact terminology in the description)
: My question is how long does this procedure usually take? Has anybody else gone throough this scenario? Anything we can do to speed the process?
: Any help appreciated...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name