Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re:................. Apology to Sheila

Posted by richard on February 27, 2000 at 13:09:54:

In Reply to: Re: Mishandled Security Deposit vs. Demand for Rent...Sheila Sheila... posted by Sheila on February 26, 2000 at 16:13:07:

Well an apology is in order for explaining your situation fully.

At first it really sounded like you were looking for some excuse not to pay the landlord....

And you never stated you ran out all your options...that makes a BIG difference, in the whole situation......

And to be truthful....I have never seen any post here where a tenant asked their parents or relatives or in-laws, for a bridge loan to avoid Court and being evicted and was refused.

There is abuse on all sides of most landlord tenant problems, but I never ran into hardly any problems untill I rented a place here in manhattan....my first real experience with a really disgusting landlord ... and Im not that young....... then to move to Sunnyside Queens....and have one of the most decent and nicest Landlords ever... what extremes.

So I fully apologize for all this.....and hope everyone takes a little hint from all this Please exlain fully, it does make a tremendous difference.

Also I have always assumed that the landlord would have to square up all accounts when you vacate, and apply the secuity deposit and interest to any damages .......if there is no damage then he would have to pay it all to you,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

: Richard, you are making a lot of assumptions about me that you shouldn't.
: 1. Just because one is in a rent-stabilzed apartment for years does not mean that one is paying far less than the market. It depends on the rent history of the apartment. Yes, I am a little below the market now, but not by a lot.
: 2. Yes, I HAD some savings and IRA's which I have used to pay my landlord while I have been doing my job search. I also extended my credit for the same purpose. Rent has always been my top priority. I don't need a lecture from you about that.
: 3. I currently and have always lived a modest lifestyle. (I have never had a huge salary, which you seem to be assuming.) I already pack lunches and do my own laundry (not that it saves that much).
: $. Have you been in touch with my parents and husband? If so, I would dearly like to know what medium or clairvoyant you have been using, because both my parents and husband have been dead for YEARS!

: Sheila

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name