Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Mishandled Security Deposit vs. Demand for Rent...Sheila Sheila...

Posted by Sheila on February 26, 2000 at 16:13:07:

In Reply to: Re: Mishandled Security Deposit vs. Demand for Rent...Sheila Sheila... posted by richard on February 26, 2000 at 11:42:08:

Richard, you are making a lot of assumptions about me that you shouldn't.
1. Just because one is in a rent-stabilzed apartment for years does not mean that one is paying far less than the market. It depends on the rent history of the apartment. Yes, I am a little below the market now, but not by a lot.
2. Yes, I HAD some savings and IRA's which I have used to pay my landlord while I have been doing my job search. I also extended my credit for the same purpose. Rent has always been my top priority. I don't need a lecture from you about that.
3. I currently and have always lived a modest lifestyle. (I have never had a huge salary, which you seem to be assuming.) I already pack lunches and do my own laundry (not that it saves that much).
$. Have you been in touch with my parents and husband? If so, I would dearly like to know what medium or clairvoyant you have been using, because both my parents and husband have been dead for YEARS!

Sheila

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name