Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Richard...Thanks Renee

Posted by richard on February 24, 2000 at 18:31:18:

In Reply to: Richard posted by Renee Stein on February 24, 2000 at 06:53:06:

It is obvious that I post such stupid answers because people do such stupid things and EXPECT someone to bail them out or find someone to blame and its always a Landlord who does nothing wrong!

Fair is Fair......When Kenny has a finacial problem he doesn't pay rent for 2 months and EXPECTS the landlord to give him time to pay....wrong....You ask your parents or his finace's parents or grandparents for a LOAN...and stay out of COURT....how can that be considered stupid advice?

When people enter into Illegal sublets Knowing it is illegal then the landlord wants to evict, and people get so bent out of shape if they lose the court battle and have to pay the landlords legal fees......well thats the risk you take....

When people pay CASH to a landlord or to a super or pay to have the landlord house wired for A/C or when tenants pay for repairs with NO LEASE and then the Landlord wants to jack up the rent or evict you for causing trouble......Why the heck did you rent a place without a lease in the first place??? thats the risk you take

I am NOT pro landlord......heck the last we sued the landlord and it was very very nasty, yet we moved in to a 2 family house with the nicest landlord i've had in years, and Ive been renting aparments and houses since i was 19.

And you do things to help each other out...... Sure its the Landlord responsibility to shovel the snow and make the front stairs safe to walk on, but what if you go out and help shovel the snow at 10 pm or at 7am, it builds trust, so when things break, he will drop everything and come and fix them.....just common sense in dealing with someone....

And most people unless the live in manhattan, dont live in BIG apartment buildings with a faceless corporation, you know the owner, you know the super or doorman, and how do you deal with stupidity from both the landlord and the tenant? How do you get things fixed that are needed....some are easy some are not, but most of the posters here ASSUME its always the landlord fault.

But i do know one thing...That Always paying your rent on time and IN FULL, carries a lot of weight in any court proceedings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And there is no spelllll checker on this board when u post!

--------------------------------------------------------------

: It is obvious to me that Richard, who keeps posting stupid answers to questions on the TenantNet board in answer to serious questions that others ask, should not be taken seriously. First of all, he is not an attorney, second he seems to get personally involved with the questions which he is not qualified to answer, seems to be pro-landlord, is not logical, should see a psychiatrist, has nothing else to do, and finally, cannot spell.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name