Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

no radiator

Posted by Larry on February 22, 2000 at 09:55:40:

When I moved into my new apartment my former living room became a dining room in order that my adjacent neighbor could have an extra bedroom. That was in 1982 and I didn't think much regarding that matter since the apartment was affordable in a safe neighborhood. In slicing up the livingroom the neighbor also gained control of the radiator. Now evertime I leave my bedroom, which is occassionally heated and enter the dining room the difference in temperature is overwhelming. Having AIDS only complicates the matter. Many landlords have come and gone in the past eighteen years and when I related this matter to the landlord, and the living room is currently vacant, closed off from my neighbor and myapartment, he said I can gain occupancy of the livingroom, but I would have to pa;y an additional one hundred twenty five dollars siince that would bring my apartment at par with the going rate for a one bedroom apartment with a livingroom. What can I do?
I live in the Bronx, I am rent stabilized, have a written lease, about 100 units and built in the 1930's, approximately

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name