Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Please Help A Hick

Posted by Victoria on February 20, 2000 at 20:01:06:

I just moved here from TN, and found a great apt in Brooklyn, a house with only two neighbors, one below and one above. The house itself is very old and creaks with every movement. My apartment is completely carpeted save the bathroom and kitchen. The thing is, I and my husband both work on the computer, sometimes until two in the morning if a project is due. The woman below us goes to bed at nine, and gets up at five. Our living room with the main computer is right above her bedroom. She is old and Italian and our landlords (who live right next door and are very nice) are as well. She has complained to them twice, not about noise, but that we are walking above her. They have asked us to stop moving around in and stay in one room after ten! I did not sign a lease when we moved in and now I am thinking they are going to evict us on short notice. The woman below has threatened to call the police on us if we move around anymore in the night. I know its nutty, but what recourse do I have? Thank you in advance for the help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name