Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: reporting dangerous conditions in NYC: thank you

Posted by Hillary R on February 19, 2000 at 09:50:35:

In Reply to: Re: reporting dangerous conditions in NYC posted by DK on February 16, 2000 at 21:06:27:

: Sending a letter to the Department of Health is the best way to proceed. Unlike many city agencies, the unit at the Department of Health which enforces the rules on window guards does take their duty seriously.'

: If you really think that the welfare of a child is seriously endangered, you should contact the NYC Administration for Children's Services. The child abuse hotline is (800) 342-3720. They also take their role very seriously.

I called only DOH, anonymously. If I don't see results within a month, I'll call again or fax them both.

I had mentioned the situation to coworkers and was surprised and upset by their responses. Three of four men said it was none of my business and accused me of wanting revenge. Three of five women accused me of dragging my feet and suggested I was just as guilty of child endangerment as the parents.

You know, several hundred people know that they have a walking toddler and no window guards: they walk the kid around the neighborhood. People know what building they live in and none of the windows on the street side have guards.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name