Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

New property management company wants managers out!

Posted by Angel Pino on February 14, 2000 at 21:55:03:

Hi,
We are located in Newhall, CA we are not under rent control or any other regulation that I know of. We do not have any written lease agreement or a seperate managers agreement with this company. There are 32units in the complex and it is about 14 years old.

Here is my problem. I was the resident manager in the complex for 5 years and on the first of January,2000 a new property management company took over and terminated our employment. They gave us thirty days notice to find other arrangements. My salary when I worked for the owner was rent($800.00) + utilities paid. This ends on the 20th of this month. They just informed me that on that day $238.64 is due for February and that on the first of March $895.00 is due. We do not occupy a special unit and this amount is higher than any other tenant is paying. I need help! What can I do? I was a good manager and I know that what they are doing is not right. Can they just raise the rent like that without any prior notice given? I know if I have to go to court it will hurt my chances of ever being a manager again, but I can't let them do this to me. what should I do?
Thank you, Angel

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name