Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: falsely accused of not paying rent

Posted by richard on February 10, 2000 at 17:14:06:

In Reply to: falsely accused of not paying rent posted by Michelle on February 10, 2000 at 14:58:51:

Well as long as you dated the check correctly and there is a date on the check when the bank stamped it......why would they even try and get a late fee.

And for February's rent.....was the check paid? how much do you have in your checking acct...does it match?........And do you Bank on line?
You could see your statement and fax it to them...your statement is updated every day....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

: I moved into a rent stabilized building last september. The management co. has accused me of not paying rent for Dec and January which is absolutely not true. I sent them a certified letter with copies of my cashed rent checks for the months in question and received no response. Yesterday I went to their office in person and got it resolved after alot of arguing.

: Now they say they never got my Feb rent which was mailed two weeks ago. They are treating me like a deadbeat even though my rent is always paid on time. Do I have to send my rent certified every month? How do I handle this? I refuse to pay any late fees.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name