Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

rent stabilized landlord says " The rents are way to low"

Posted by phil on February 09, 2000 at 11:39:27:

I live in a rent stabilized apt., and the landlord states that he will not fix
a broken bathtup water faucet, a leaking valve in the radiator, that leaks unsanitary water and steam into my apt.He states the rents are way to low for him to put in a proper heating system. But he has one (a proper heating system) for the bar below us?Does anyone know whom I could hire to fix my radiator. The landlords plumber says he does not know how to fix it.
My cat was getting sick just from the steam before they put in a new valve that
does not work right.There was so much steam last winter going off in my apt . from the radiator valve last winter that whenever he decided to turn the heat on usually at around 4 AM that the fire alarm in my apt, would go off.
Does anyone know exactly what sort of poisons were and are coming out of there now? Now the valve that turns the radiator on and off is leaking steam as well because the landlords plumber could not fix it. The temperature in my apt was 86 degrees last night with the window open.
If anyone knows a good licensed plumber to fix the problems in my apt, it would be appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use Your Browser's [Back] Button To Make Changes

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name