Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Judge Rip? Insane or just senile?

Posted by virginia on February 08, 2000 at 12:26:27:

In Reply to: Re: Judge Rip? Insane or just senile? posted by who? on February 07, 2000 at 20:41:58:

: : Last time I was before judge Rip he acted so wierd, he seemed to think he was god or at least god-like. Which I guess he is. Any other stories of his strange behavior?

: is that his real name? where does he work?

** Do you mean Judge Ryp (or maybe it is Rypp?) in civil court? I went before a Judge Ryp in Small Claims Court and I remember him very well. Because, yes, I noticed that he seemed a bit flaky, but he was funny, joking around etc.--unlike most of the other judges I had come into contact with there -- and he ruled in my favor in overturning a motion to dismiss by my landlord, so I can't complain.
I wasn't sure if his behavior was due to senility or if he was just trying to make the best of the reality of working in the zoo that is small claims court!! I think if I worked there I'd be crazy too. But, seriously, it could be an issue if he is making strange legal decisions.
Sorry to have just an anecdote and not real useful info for you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name