Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can a shareholder of a coop be evicted?

Posted by Stacy on February 07, 2000 at 20:52:20:

I am a shareholder of a 4 unit coop in Queens,New York that was built approx. 35 years ago. I have a written lease and in that lease it states no dogs.
When I moved in I did not own a dog. Recently a situation presented itself in which I helped a family member house a dog in my apartment. Because there was not an acceptable or safe place for the dog other than with me,I helped. Little did I know what would come out of this.
I had submitted a letter stating the situation and requested a temporary amt of time in which I needed to resolve my problem. Instead of receiving the letter of reply I excepted possibly stating a time limit. I was served with eviction papers stating that if I did not have the dog off the premises I would lose my coop! There a few other shareholders on the premises who own dogs. One I heard fought it out in court. Is there anything other I could do than have legal battles with them in court? The fact that the rules are (different ) broken for one shareholder and not the other, can anything be done about that? I would like to keep the dog here I still have the problem of needing to keep the dog here I didnt know I was dealing with such uncaring individuals, Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name