Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

questions that I have in Suffolk County

Posted by Steve on February 06, 2000 at 20:35:48:

hello. I have 2 questions. I am in a 2 bdrm 2 1/2 Bath Home ($1,300 a month) in the township of Brookhaven. Lease expires on the 15th and we want to stay and the landlord actually wants us to stay with a $100.00 raise in rent.
1st: In Oct, the landlord was here and asked us to get some bids on fixing the tile in the shower of the master bath. 3 bids were submitted. about 2weeks later some of the tiles fell out. This shower still can not be used and when I contacted the landlord about not raising the rent until the bathroom is fixed, she lost it and said that having 2 showers is a personal preference and that she had no legal responseability to fix it in a timely manner and that she could raise the rent for any reason now that the lease is over and we are going month to month. Can I refuse to pay the increase until the work is finished?

2. before we moved in, we asked about the utility costs. we were informed that she had not lived here for a while but that it was about $150 a month for both the gas and electric. Our average utility bill for the last 3 months is over $350.00. Do I have any recourse here?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name