Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Heating system broken in rent stabilized apt.

Posted by richard on February 01, 2000 at 23:35:48:

In Reply to: Heating system broken in rent stabilized apt. posted by Phil on February 01, 2000 at 19:19:19:

So whos the plumber?...get his phone # and call him, If boilerpeople come get their # too.....then make a pest out of yourself.....call the super at 7 am & 11 pm everyday.....or maybe at 2 in the morning if there is no heat.... make it miserable for them..what are they gonna do?....maybe fix it?

--------------------------------------------------------

: I live in a rent stabilzed apt.I went to landlord tenant court last year and won, when the landlord tryed to evict me. However, now he hired a new super, whom when I report problems in the apartment says, he will fix it. But never does. He made with knowledge of the the landlords staff,at least 4 appointments with me to fix things but he never does. My theory is now he knows it will cost me thousands of $ to prove what the problems are in housing court,so they ignore it.

: Secondly, the plumber he hires says theres a problem with the timing system or
: a valve that brings cold water into the heating system for the apartments above the bar he owns below me.

: The city is not much better, when ,I make HPD complaints now, they say my address is wrong in the computer because they put in a new computer system.

: Does anyone know whom I could call to inspect the heating system in at least my apartment, becuase the last plumber the landlord hired did not fix it that well.

: My cat does not get sick from the steam coming out of it every day,like she did for the past two years. But water comes out of the steam valve and fills up one 12 ounce glass of water each day.

: The bathtub faucet leaks.

: And the handle on the valve that adjusts the heat to my raditator in the apartment is broke again.

: And when, the new super comes to my apartment the super says hes now not going to fix it and he sits at my desk and looks thru the papers on it.

:
: Any suggestions from people in similar situations or just ideas would be appreciated.

:
: Sincerely,

: Phil

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name