Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: no gas/oven use for 30+ days

Posted by Anna on January 25, 2000 at 16:44:33:

In Reply to: no gas/oven use for 30+ days posted by Elisha Goldstein on January 22, 2000 at 11:27:17:

: There was a gas leak in our apartment building and the whole building is dealing with having no oven use for 30-45 days. also, plumbers and gas men are punching holes in the kitchen walls, the hot water is turned off frequently and the stench of cigarette smoke from the unit downstairs has wafted through the hole to overtak the whole apartment.

: The management company says there will be a percentage rent reduction which I haven't been told what it is yet, and I wanted to find out what my rights are regarding rent payment.

There is no standard deduction for this or any other lack of services. What most L&T people use is a percentage of rent: which is irrational to me. What this has cost all of you is the difference between purchasing raw groceries and purchasing prepared food. If your rent is $3000/mo, you get a $1500 food-allowance: more than enough to pay for restaurant meals for a month. But if your rent is $600, you get a $300 food-allowance, $10/day! Is this fair? NO. You should all get reimbursed for your actual food expenses: ask for that, then negotiate. Get the tenants organized...

Read more about it on TenantNet Home.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name