Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Somethings not right here

Posted by Adam on January 21, 2000 at 15:42:03:

In Reply to: Somethings not right here posted by MikeW on January 21, 2000 at 13:06:46:

Hi Mike,
Yes it is a privately owned building. We do not have an official M to M agreement however, I've been living there for two years and now these problems have been popping up. The first year I lived in the apartment, I was on a lease (1 year). When the time came to renew it, I did not sign the lease but continued to pay my rent every month (including the yearly increase of 10$ or so). Now all of a sudden, it's time to renew the lease again, and my Landlord insists that the Housing Authority demands that I either sign the lease and commit myself to the full year or I move. I have expressed my good intentions to the Landlord and have asked him to modify the lease so that it clearly allows me to move short of the full year (with atlease a month's notification in advance of course) but he says he can not do it. According to him "The law" will not let him modify the lease. This guy has GOT to be full of it!

Adam

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name