Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Somethings not right here

Posted by MikeW on January 21, 2000 at 13:06:46:

In Reply to: Who creates the lease? posted by Adam on January 21, 2000 at 09:51:51:

Is this a privately owned, non-subsidized apartment (ie, not Mitchell-Lama) or anything like that?

I'm assuming you're in a month to month situation. If it is a standard issue rent stabilized apartment, there is a standard stabilized lease, but the LL can add riders for building specific conditions. I believe in a rent stabilized building, he has to offer you a lease, and can't force you to be month to month, but if the two of you agree to a month to month situation, I've never heard of anything that would prevent it (I could be wrong). However, it may cause him problems gettin vacancy and renewal increases, so he may not want to do it.

: Hello everyone,
: My landlord is insisting that he will be "FORCED" to persue my eviction by the housing authority if I do not sign a one year lease. He would have me believe that he does not create this lease or have anything to do with it's enforcement but rather that the Housing Authority creates the lease and demands that it be signed by the tenants. Can anyone give me some tips here? I have also asked my landlord to modify the lease so that I am comfortable with a few things but again he does not have the authority to change the lease. Can this be true? It sounds like a bunch of sh*t to me. Btw: I believe my apartment building is rent stabilized (I checked the database on this site) because my rent only increases a few dollars per year. Maybe he's telling the truth then? I'm wondering if the H/A would maybe administer these leases for apartments that are rent stabilized. I look forward to hearing your replies and thanks for reading :))

: Adam

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name