Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Neighbor complains about any noise

Posted by valerie on January 20, 2000 at 12:00:59:

Living in nyc - small apartment. I don't have loud parties or play music or have any real problems with my apartment other than a neighbor who is extremely super sensitive to noise - from me from upstairs from all over. Our apartments are next to each other and we have really thin walls. The only real issue is when my boyfriend comes over after 11pm- from his hitting the buzzer or talking in my room, or having sex, then I get notes the next day, or she bangs on the wall, or plays this weird soundcd. He only comes over once or twice a week (usually weekends)- and we are talking quietly. I don't want to have issues with her, but my boyfriend works late and I know shes a little jealous/lonely. I've apologized before - but she seems to complain about all the noise of all her neighbors above her and around her. She knocks on my door and says "did you hear how loud upstairs neighbor was?" How do I get her to realize that our building is not sound-proof and these are just the sounds of apartment life. Do I also contact my landlord to let them know that she is just ridiculous- or is there a way to tell her to get a life and leave me alone?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name