Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Negotiated Vacation of Apartment? still no answer!

Posted by Jenny on January 19, 2000 at 13:33:34:

In Reply to: Re: Negotiated Vacation of Apartment? still no answer! posted by richard on January 19, 2000 at 10:45:21:

Why do you ask?

: Still No answer from you>>>>>>>>>

: what is he accusing you of? a notice to cure what? default of what?
:
: Has he accused others of the same thing?

: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

: : I posted a message last week after having receive a notice of default from my landlord.

: : After some discussion with him, he has proposed that we do not have to cure the default, but in exchange he wants us to agree to vacate the apartment by July 2001 (one more year's renewal). He also claims that he needs this to be done by stipulation in court in order to protect his rights (with respect to having given us notice of the default). Is this ever done? Is it necessary to enter anything with the court?

: : The real situation is this: we're rent stabilized in a very high-end neighborhood in the city. given the market and how close we are to the $2000 destabilization threshhold, he wants us out in order to get the 20% vacancy increase and go destabilized.

: : Where do we stand? Also, is there any relevance or leverage to be gained by his having authorized agents to use a crowbar on our front door to get in the apartment on a day we were not notified of their desire to enter? Or that there is no fire escape (6-floor elevator brownstone building)? Or that when I signed the lease I never got a copy of the paperwork showing the increase from the prior (stabilized) tenant's rent? Should we fight him or make a deal?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name