Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Noise

Posted by Mike on January 17, 2000 at 01:03:52:

Please advise:
I have a woman w/child underneath me who terrorize the building. Music blasting, screaming in apt and in hallway, running in apt and up and down stairs, slamming doors, friends of hers ring my buzzer at all hours for entrance...hell! I have a fab apt with a really good rent, and don't want to move. I have asked her to cease bhvrs, she refused mediation court, and one of her "weekly" bfriends threatened to kill me and threw me against the apt wall when I asked him to not smoke(he was also drinking open bottle of beer)in hallway(no smoking signs on each floor). I filed a harrasement case but could not get an order of protection because there was no blood shed! The man underneath her and I have signed a petition, I have written letters to management, given her letters, call the police every week etc...I heard from the super that she hasn't paid her rent for a long time. What do I do? Supposedly management is taking her to court but they are dragging their feet. Since the altercation with her "boyfriend" the noise is much worse. Do I need a lawyer, who do I get, and who do I go up against? I'll never get $
from the girl and I don't want $, I want her out! Or do I go against management for failing to provide a place with safe living conditions etc...I know the "quality of living" is a good case option(oh---she also let her cousin in the building down in the basement to spend the night and fornicate with his girlfriend), but I don't want to slit my own throat while I go up against someone. I have such fear when I enter my building that I will be jumped either outside or in the hallway. Not a great way to live. Suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name