Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Noisy Neighbors=Violation of Lease

Posted by Roxanne on January 14, 2000 at 22:26:11:

I live in a building downtown, and my lease contains a noise stipulation. No tenant is supposed to create noise that enters into another tenant's apartment.
My next door neighbors continually play music with really loud bass that keeps coming through my walls.
I have called the leasing office at least twenty times, notified the doorman practically every day for seven months now.
Finally, my partner went down to speak to the people at the leasing office in person. They gave us two options.
One-they could try and evict the tenants, which they said would take months. Two-they would let us out of the lease
and be "nice" enough to only penanalize us for one month's rent rather than two. I am SO pissed off!
Moving would be a hassle, but it's better than this constant annoying horrible noise. Yes, I've tried to talk to my neighbors
many times, and I was nice. They didn't care. Should I go talk to an attorney? This has been going
on for seven months and we've sent two letters and notified them countless times. They never called back.
This is a clear violation of the lease they created that I signed! What should I do????

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name