Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

continue: unlawfully evicted and abused by landlord, please help

Posted by blonD.@excite.com on January 14, 2000 at 21:29:55:

I would just first like to thank all who have responded to the message I had posted the other day. It is nice to have the support of others when dealing with such an awful situation (illegal eviction-no heat, no electric, threats, violence, lock-out, etc.). I would like to ask what are the civil laws that protect a tenant from landlord abuse? I know the basics of the Landlord/Tenant Law and the Unlawful Evictions Law. What I would like to know is what laws deal with civil lawsuits against landlords? I lost my job, my roomate has been wandering the streets of NYC homeless in the cold, we lived without any heat or electrcity for over a week in the cold, we were locked out with nowhere to go, my roomate and I got extremely physically ill from the stress...the list goes on. We have really suffered at the hands of the landlord. I'm looking for some kind of compensation for what has happend (and that doesn't just mean money-any way that causes the landlord to suffer I consider compensation). My roomate and I are decent people who were only a month and a half behind on our rent because I was out of work. We didn't deserve to be abused by the landlord like that. Please, if you know any of these laws dealing with civil suits please post them here or feel free to email them to me. I would deeply appreciate any support or information that anyone could send me. Thank you. (continuance of previous posting: "unlawfully evicted and abused by landlord, scared and need help" posted 1/14/00)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name