Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

buy-outs

Posted by Raymond Howard on January 13, 2000 at 12:33:03:

Hi Folks: First let me thank you for creating this invaluable web site. Having been a tenant activist for years I know it's a grueling task with little reward except that of knowing we fight for fairness and justice...But I, at my late age, am thinking of leaving this great city and returning to my roots...Challenge? Arriving at a reasonable landlord ( hate the word )...building owner buy-out to remove myself from this fifth floor walk-up upper East Side rent contol railroad apartment I've had for the last thirty years...so far the owner says my apartment is not desirable, and that dividing it into studios is now not allowed by the Building Department???? Any ideas out there? ( During the last eighteen years the owner has paid a total of $5000...to the last tenant to move...the rest of the vacating was through aggressive luck and sheriff enforced evictions, followed by apartment division and remodeling...usually without work permits. )... My thanks to you all for any suggestions and a Happy Peaceful 2000.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name