Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: refinishing floors -- they're back!

Posted by JJ on January 10, 2000 at 13:23:05:

In Reply to: refinishing floors -- they're back! posted by Fred on January 09, 2000 at 20:03:04:

: This is a follow-up to the message posted a few days ago. Apparently they haven't finished the floors. This time they're going to start at 6pm and should be laying the polyurethane at 11pm. Who should we call -- health dept or EPA? and can we call ahead of time or do we have to wait until it's done?
: I only know that they're coming tomorrow night b/c I saw a note on the cafe window saying that they would be closing at 6pm for "renovations".

: Thanks!

: P.S. this is in NYC.

first: know that it is illegal to do construction work that uses power tools after 6:00pm in NYC. read about it here, under 'Noise': http://www.cenyc.org/

no respectable contractor would paint, plaster, or finish floors in today's 100% humidity and rain: it is just plain stupid!

but I read both of your posts, so try this in order:

read up on how to complain on Tenant.Net, then:

go see if there is a Work Permit posted: they are required for some, not all, 'renovations' (by the Dept of Buildings)

call your landlord or building manager: give him a chance to explain and/or to stop them, depending on what they're planning on doing.

if no relief: call the DEP and the DOB before 4:00pm today to report it. you can also call the DOB night/weekend phone if they do anything after 6:00pm: gread more about DEP and DOB on the NYC web site: http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name