Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Threat to someone's life

Posted by Stalin Acosta on January 10, 2000 at 12:56:59:

Here is the situation:
I moved from a building located in the Bronx because the building lack proper security, anybody could get in, and there were a lot of activity (drugs) or
or unemployed people. From this corner a couple of people will go into the building to drink or to "supposedly" visit someone. My wife is an auditor and
and she will come home late. To make a long story short, she had an incident with one of these characters. I did not file an police report because they pick
these cats, and drop them the day after and I was obviously afraid of retaliation. I let management know what happened and that I wanted to move out.
I spooke to the police and one of my tire was slice. Now I really want to move out of there. I sent numerous letters to management about the situation.
I just move out. I cleaned the apt, and left the keys with the super who has also received my complaints. That was 11/98, the owners of the building
are now suing me for unpaid rent. It's been 1 year since I moved and 1 year and half since my lease expired. I never received any notification as far
as what their position was, but now they are suing me. Is there a law or a tenant's right that allows tenants to break the lease if something like this
happened to the and the building management fail to respond?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name