Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Invasion of Privacy???

Posted by Mo on January 06, 2000 at 15:56:27:

In Reply to: Invasion of Privacy??? posted by Michelle on January 06, 2000 at 11:58:15:

: I am leasing a co-op in Westchester..2 months ago my super entered my apartment w/o my consent, it was a non-emergency. When I complained to the landlord who is also the building manager I was told that it is his apartment and HE can do whatever he wants. 2 weeks ago they sent me a letter saying they wanted to inspect my unit for repairs. My mother was present. The super and landlord entered my bedroom (under the premise of checking the bathroom) and proceeded to touch my bed, which happens to be a waterbed, they then pulled the covers off the bed and proceeded to take pictures of it. Now I have received a letter from the co-ops attorney saying I am in violation of my lease becasue of the waterbed and have 2 weeks to buy a new bed or face eviction procedures. I have had the bed 4 four years already..what are my rights if anay.

: Thank you for taking the time to read this

Does your lease say that you can't have a water bed? Was a reason given for
having to replace your bed? They are probably worried about water damage. You
can buy insurance policies for water bed damage. I've read leases that
state you must have a policy for x amount if you have a water bed.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name