Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

X landlord wants my money!!!!!!

Posted by Dani on January 06, 2000 at 15:11:04:

I recently went to court to sue my lanlord for my security deposit of $850. The judge ruled in my favor and i recieved the check this week. I also recieved a supeona to meet her back in small claims so that she can win back my money and then some.
: My defence the first time around was that she was not prepared as far as having a check list prepared apon leasing the apartment and a check out list when the lease term was up. I originally leased the $600. a month apartment with a friend. When things
: Didn't work out as planned my roommate signed off the lease. Unfortunately my roommate had busted 2 of the doors and the landlord was aware of the situation. She used that against me in court. She also held the fact that i changed the locks ( with her consent )
: after the roommate left. She accussed me of subleasing the apartment to my boyfriend because he was staying the night often. My question is; How do I go about things this time around and prove myself a on time rent paying, noise respectful, no problem having tenant
: and still keep my security deposit. I tried to settle with her the first time around but she told me that she was going to sue. Help please. The apartment was in Allen Park, Michigan- 48101- The apartment was the second floor of a 2 story home. We lived on the upper flat.

: Thanks-
: Dani

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name