Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Big Misunderstanding..Getting friend thrown out!! Help!

Posted by Marica on January 05, 2000 at 01:08:52:

In Reply to: Big Misunderstanding..Getting friend thrown out!! Help! posted by Marica on January 05, 2000 at 00:39:50:

: Here's the facts: Wanted to give friend cable TV for Christmas present..months before I asked agent(daughter)of LL"s who collects Cash Only rent..She said it would be ok..But have to admit..I did not go to LL myself..Christmas Eve had Cable installed..someone saw contractor truck there..did not say cablevision on it..heard comotion down stairs..stuck head out and began to get verbally harrassed..who gave permission for this..I said I asked your daughter and she said ok..She said she did not know who I was and never spoke to me before..an absolute Lie!Could not look me in the face..Her parents said they were going to rip it out and all this other stuff..I said I'll call the health department then..Because the place is falling apart and no repairs are ever made..He jestered and told me quit franky to go F myself..I am a desent person and did not lower myself in returning any verbal outburst and so on.I told them to talk to the Leasee,my friend..After a short Phone conversation and them saying I verbally harrassed them, my friend would not listen to their lies and believed me and then was told He would have to leave..A few days later, an envelop was taped to the front of his door.This letter was not notorized..This is a private house..not sure if it is legal..three apts.Well..the cable is working, they tried to have it shut off.Not much of a surprise for Christmas!...They have 2 months security, approx.1,250.00.Does this money have to be in an account with separate bankbook earning interest?? My friend does not want to give them the rent..His lease says,Security shall not be used for last months rent..How do I find out what his rights are..I put him in this mess and He does not have the time to go through this..I also have to go and find him another apt..Can anyone help me out??Thanks, Marica
this is on Long Island...Private house..lot's of questionable no-no's around property..like accidents waiting to happen..Ceilings are coming apart and falling in..toilet constantly leaks,fridge is not cold,He went without water for 6 months because pipes were clogged..personally..I would have moved..and I OWN my own house..and can recognise right from wrong..incase someone jumps down my throat!! Thanks..M

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name