Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: landlord wants to rise my rent or kick me out - there is no LEASE

Posted by Sylvia on January 04, 2000 at 00:01:12:

In Reply to: Re: landlord wants to rise my rent or kick me out - there is no LEASE posted by Richard on January 03, 2000 at 22:24:57:

Richard I really appreciate your response.
So from my understanding I can get him in trouble, and he can not rise my rent yet since I haven't received
anything in writing :-) Thank you
Can you also answer my other questions:
1)Does he have a right to kick me out if I pay my rent on time every month??
2)Does he have a right to rise ONLY MY RENT, even though my apartment is the only one in the house that needs repairs,
simply because the house was old when they bought it and the only apartment where plumbing wasn't changed was the one
that I moved in to??

The plumbing problem is even more interesting, and happens on monthly basis.
Whenever you flush, the toilet overflows successfully flooding my bathroom and at the same time flooding my landlord. Well plumber visited my house once, together with my landlord and said himself
that if my landlord doesn't want to paint his walls too often he should definitely take advantage of
me going for vacation sometimes and simply fix it, because the pipe is not big enough.

About my thermostat, here is my story:
It seems like my thermostat not always reacts to our settings. Sometimes when its warm outside, the radiators get hot without reacting to our thermostat’s setting ( all the way down). It also works the opposite way. It might be freezing outside and the heat will not go on regardless of thermostat settings.
To answer your question: The radiators have no knobs and as far as I know the heating system is gas powered and water flows into the radiators.
I have been calling the landlord for almost three months now asking to look into it, to no avail.

Take care Richard and if you are still willing to answer my questions I will be more
than happy to take your advice.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name