Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: warranty of habitability - THANK YOU FRED and TENANT NET

Posted by richard on January 03, 2000 at 13:43:20:

In Reply to: Re: warranty of habitability - THANK YOU FRED and TENANT NET posted by Jessica on January 03, 2000 at 09:08:29:

: As for you Rich -- I don't need a man tell me that there is no crank on the window.

++++ UH YES you do or you would have gone to the nearest hardward store and bought one for less then$15 and screwed it on and VOILA your windows will open and close...

I also don't need yet another man to tell me that the fridge is dying. In addition I don't need a man to tell me that the closet doors are too long. I also don't need a man to tell me that if I am paying rent I am entitled to certain things stated in the lease and in the law.

+++++ UH yes you do.... is it leaking? does it keep Ice cream frozen? are you turning it up to almost maximum setting to keep things cold and frozen? is there lots of moisture on the foods..maybe just the seal around the door is no good OR maybe its missing a few screws to hold it in place did you check it out? Is it a no frost and its icing up severly... when all this occurs then its dying.... so please explain!

: The boys from Bellevue will be by to pick you up in a litte while -- clearly you must be unemployed and a bit unstable since you have nothing better to do than spend your time obsessing about my refrigerator light.

++++++Nope just trying do get you women to think about fixing minor things yourself...rather then always calling a man (The Landlord)to help you out...

: : I have numerous repairs that the landlord needs to make -- broken fridge light, non-functioning window, non-operating closet doors, etc. How can I find out what exactly falls under the warranty, what is a "reasonable" period of time in which to expect repairs, and can I break my lease if these things are not repaired w/in a reasonable period of time?
: : Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name