Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: warranty of habitability - THANK YOU FRED and TENANT NET

Posted by Jessica on January 03, 2000 at 09:08:29:

In Reply to: warranty of habitability posted by Jessica on January 01, 2000 at 19:06:28:

Thank you Fred and Tenant Net -- very useful information.

As for you Rich -- I don't need a man tell me that there is no crank on the window. I also don't need yet another man to tell me that the fridge is dying. In addition I don't need a man to tell me that the closet doors are too long. I also don't need a man to tell me that if I am paying rent I am entitled to certain things stated in the lease and in the law.

The boys from Bellevue will be by to pick you up in a litte while -- clearly you must be unemployed and a bit unstable since you have nothing better to do than spend your time obsessing about my refrigerator light.

: I have numerous repairs that the landlord needs to make -- broken fridge light, non-functioning window, non-operating closet doors, etc. How can I find out what exactly falls under the warranty, what is a "reasonable" period of time in which to expect repairs, and can I break my lease if these things are not repaired w/in a reasonable period of time?
: Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name