Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Yo, Rich!

Posted by Fred on January 02, 2000 at 16:23:41:

In Reply to: Re: Yo, Rich! posted by TenantNet on January 02, 2000 at 16:02:20:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Mean people suck.

Now onto your concerns: fridge light. We're going to assume you are somewhat intelligent and if the fridge is as you described, "on its deathbed" then you have something to complain about. A landlord is required to keep appliances in working order and clearly this one is not. As for the window, if its broken (you said there was NO crank?) then that too is also a violation. Make a detailed list of repairs -- noting those things which are specifically in violation of the lease (non-working appliances, broken windows, etc) and send it (certified, return receipt) to the landlord. A reasonable period of time is 30 days -- if the list is long you might want to give the guy 60 days (just to show how "reasonable" you are). If you don't get any progress start filing all the forms -- maybe he'll get the message then. As for your closet doors, while they are not specifically stated in your lease, neither is the door to your bathroom (and I'm assuming you have one of those) so it's implied. You'll have a tough time proving it but give it a shot.

Also, I don't think the landlord can charge you for the new fridge unless it's a MCI and to be a MCI I think it has to be an improvement made to the whole building. Does anyone else know the specifics on replacing broken appliances?

: Richard, do you think you could find it in your heart to be a bit more
: helpful (generally - not just this thread)? Granted, we wish people
: could be a bit more self-reliant, but not everyone is as knowledgable
: as you, and they come here looking for help AND understanding, not an attitude.
: We know your heart is in the right place, but please, cut a bit more slack.

: : Well look on the inside hinge and do you see a switch that looks like a nipple.
: : well is it pushed in? get a small screwdriver and pop it ot..the light should go ON!
: : if not then the switch is bad..all of $5
: : Come on people you should know all about these things especially if you have a HIGH priced
: : college education....if not well its time to learn how to fix the little things in life

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name