Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: warranty of habitability..refridge light

Posted by richard on January 02, 2000 at 15:50:22:

In Reply to: Re: warranty of habitability posted by richard on January 02, 2000 at 11:58:12:

Well look on the inside hinge and do you see a switch that looks like a nipple.
well is it pushed in? get a small screwdriver and pop it ot..the light should go ON!
if not then the switch is bad..all of $5

Come on people you should know all about these things especially if you have a HIGH priced
college education....if not well its time to learn how to fix the little things in life

----------------------------------------------------------

: Well see what a difference an exact description of a problem makes.....

: Well the landlord could replace the refridge with a used one....but if he replaces
: it with a new one your rent will go up 1/40 of the amount per month.

: The window crank ...first look at the crank does it have a little hole in it so you can
: tighten the screw...you may need an Allen wrench get them at the hardware store
: for a couple of bucks for a set of them, it also comes in handy to tighten
: the handle on you sink and shower....

: Ok Closet doors that should be fixed by the super or handyman, not serious, just
: either get the right lenght runner, of let him saw it and make it the right length.
: So you dont have closet doors...got an extra curtains to cover it?

: My take is you are in serious debt, probably took a cash advace on your credit cards to pay the rent
: and trying ANY excuse not to pay February's rent.......i saw this many times just before you would
: file for Bankruptcy.

: I wont say what my second answer would be.

: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
:

: : For anyone else who might be interested in answering my question:
: : The fridge light has been changed -- it's an electrical problem. The fridge is clearly on its deathbed.
: : The window crank has literally fallen off so it's impossible to close (or open further) the window -- and it's getting cold outside.
: : The closet doors are on runners but are too long for the door frame and have never fit. So I don't have any closet doors.
: : The landlord has been informed of these problems several times and has failed to do anything. I would like to put a fire under him and if breaking the lease is an incentive for him to fix things then I would use that.
: : This is all taking place in NYC.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name