Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: warranty of habitability

Posted by richard on January 02, 2000 at 11:58:12:

In Reply to: Re: warranty of habitability posted by Jessica on January 02, 2000 at 10:08:01:

Well see what a difference an exact description of a problem makes.....

Well the landlord could replace the refridge with a used one....but if he replaces
it with a new one your rent will go up 1/40 of the amount per month.

The window crank ...first look at the crank does it have a little hole in it so you can
tighten the screw...you may need an Allen wrench get them at the hardware store
for a couple of bucks for a set of them, it also comes in handy to tighten
the handle on you sink and shower....

Ok Closet doors that should be fixed by the super or handyman, not serious, just
either get the right lenght runner, of let him saw it and make it the right length.
So you dont have closet doors...got an extra curtains to cover it?

My take is you are in serious debt, probably took a cash advace on your credit cards to pay the rent
and trying ANY excuse not to pay February's rent.......i saw this many times just before you would
file for Bankruptcy.

I wont say what my second answer would be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

: For anyone else who might be interested in answering my question:
: The fridge light has been changed -- it's an electrical problem. The fridge is clearly on its deathbed.
: The window crank has literally fallen off so it's impossible to close (or open further) the window -- and it's getting cold outside.
: The closet doors are on runners but are too long for the door frame and have never fit. So I don't have any closet doors.
: The landlord has been informed of these problems several times and has failed to do anything. I would like to put a fire under him and if breaking the lease is an incentive for him to fix things then I would use that.
: This is all taking place in NYC.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name